From French skincare brand La Roche-Posay comes the My Skin Track UV. Designed for La Roche-Posay by Yves Béhar, a designer with work in MoMA’s collection, this .5” clip-on tracker utilizes sensors and near-field communication with your smartphone to monitor the wearer’s sun exposure and recommend safer behaviors. Just wear My Skin Track UV a few hours daily and download the accompanying free app to sync data about your personal, real-time exposure to UV, pollen, pollution, heat and humidity—key environmental aggressors that can affect the way your skin behaves and ages. To prevent accidental loss ofthe My Skin Track, it's recommended that you clip it on a thick piece of clothing or on a watch wristband. Please make sure the sensor is clipped securely before use.
- La Roche-Posay My Skin Track UV has a light-emitting diode (LED) used as a detector to capture UV light.
- Based on your environmental exposure data, the app uses an intelligent algorithm backed by over 25 scientific publications to warn you when your exposure is at a level recognized to contribute to your specific skin concern.
- The app calibrates your recommended maximum daily allowance based on your skin tone and the UV index.
- The sensor is battery free—no charging necessary.
- Waterproof design can be worn while you swim.
- Compatible with iOS and Android devices.
MaterialsPlastic, stainless steel, PCBA
Year of Design2018