Kartell Bio Componibili 3 Tier Storage
The Bio Componibili 3 Tier is a new, eco-friendly update of the classic storage module designed by Anna Castelli Ferrieri in 1969 that was featured in the 1972 MoMA exhibition Italy: The New Domestic Landscape. A pioneer for women’s rights, Ferrieri was one of the first women to graduate from Milan Polytechnic Institute in 1943. In 1973, she became the president of the Soroptimists, an international feminist organization.Made by the original’s manufacturer, Kartell—which was cofounded by Ferrieri in 1949 and has work in MoMA’s collection—the Bio Componibili is made from a groundbreaking sustainable material.
Features of the Bio Componibili 3 Tier include:
- Like the original, the Bio Componibili is a versatile, space-saving storage solution for any room in your home, from bathroom to living room to playroom. Useful for holding items such as housewares, cosmetics, towels, toys, books, tools, electronics and more. The tongue-and-groove design allows the doors to seamlessly slide open.
- Made in Italy from more than 80% agricultural byproducts. The material is created through the natural fermentation of bacteria leftover from these byproducts.
- The colors of the Bio Componibili are produced with water-based colors, so the end result is a 100% naturally biodegradable product, making it 100% recyclable.
- The Bio Componibili meets the sustainability requirements highlighted in the "Kartell loves the planet" manifesto and conforms with UN 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
- When cleaning the Bio Componibili, do not use ethyl alcohol, acetone, trichloroethylene, or ammonia as these will cause discoloration.
- Measures 23h x 12.5"diam. with 5.6h x 9.25w x 12"d shelves.
- Comes fully assembled.
DesignerAnna Castelli Ferrieri
Size23h x 12.5"diam.
Shelves:5.6h x 9.25w x 12"d
Year of Design2019