MoMA Exclusive: Technology meets artisan craftsmanship with this oak-wood piano from Japan. A collaboration between Roland and Japanese furniture company Karimoku, this innovative piano boasts such features as a keyboard with sensing technology, which provides incredibly accurate detection of where your fingers are hitting the keys. This allows you to control volume and length of notes.
Whereas most digital pianos use sampling (pre-recorded sound from other pianos), the Roland Kiyola employs piano modeling, so you’ll experience the same response and touch as an acoustic piano. The piano’s dynamic array of four built-in speakers fills your home with sound. Foot pedal and piano bench included.
- Handcrafted in Japan from all-natural oak wood. Individual grain patterns are unique to each piano, as is the beautiful natural aging of the wood.
- PHA: Progressive Hammer Action which helps recreate the full tone and response of an acoustic piano by producing all the complex interactions that take place during the creation of audible sound.
- Keyboard is made of wood and plastic hybrid structure with escapement and Ebony/Ivory-touch keys (88 Keys)
- 3 foot pedals for sustaining sounds and muting strings
- The minimalist design has the volume knob and buttons located on the side to prevent distraction during play.
- Cabinet lid doubles as the music rest.
- Ergonomic piano bench supports posture and protects your spine. The wider sitting area distributes your weight evenly with a soft, high-density foam cushion.
- Pedal unit supports half-pedal technique.
- Connect to music apps via Bluetooth on your smartphone or tablet.
- When connected to the dedicated app via Android or iOS, you can personalize your piano by selecting internal sounds and various sound effects, play onboard songs or set the built-in metronome.
- Even when you’re not playing, the wireless speakers can relay high-quality audio from your Android or iOS device and remotely control the piano.
- Connect to Roland piano apps and your favorite music-making apps for songs, tutorials, rhythms you can play along to, and more.
- Connectors: DC in jack, mini and stereo ¼”jacks for headphones, USB A memory port and USB B computer port to record music.
- AC adaptor power supply.