MoMA Exclusive: This orange MoMA Edition of Dr. Alex Moulton’s famous bike possesses all the essential Moulton features for performance and comfort: space-frame construction, small wheels and full suspension, all encompassed in the designer’s signature architectural aesthetic. Engineered for a smooth and efficient riding experience, the Moulton is hand-built from steel in the UK by highly skilled craftsmen. MoMA Edition 8-speed TSR Moulton bike includes rear day rack with removable waterproof cotton duck canvas bag (5 liter). Basic assembly required (hex keys and spanner included).
The AM2 Bicycle, designed by Dr. Alex Moulton in 1983, is a design in MoMA’s collection. Moulton was an English engineer and inventor, specializing in suspension design. His work has been featured in several of the Museum’s exhibitions, including Action! Design over Time in 2012-2013 and Architecture and Design: Inaugural Installation in 2004-2005.
- Low step-through unisex frame Allows the bike to be mounted with ease. Suitable for inseam leg length 27 to 36”.
- Frame is made to last Fatigue-reducing suspension and the superior level of workmanship ensure that the Moulton will maintain its performance for many years
- Small 20” wheels with high-pressure tires These impressively strong wheels allow the bike to go faster will less effort, and make the bike more compact so it’s easier to transport.
- Full rubber elastomer suspension for a superior cycling experience Provides unparalleled shock isolation and a smooth ride
- Separating frame Bike separates into halves with the use of the included 6mm hex key tool so the bike can be easily stored.
- Front hub: KT alloy 28 q/r
- Rear hub: Shimano Alfine 8
- Tires: 20" Schwalbe Marathon Racer 35-406
- Crankset: Shimano Alfine
- Brake levers: Avid FR-5
- Gear lever rear: Shimano
- Gear range: 30-96”
- Saddle: Selle Royal Viper
- Weight (no pedals): 28 pounds (12.8kg)
- Weight limit (rider + luggage): 264 pounds (120 kg)