Designed for your everyday adventures, from city to surf, this eco-friendly, super-lightweight backpack from Mafia is handcrafted in the San Francisco Bay Area from a variety of recycled materials. A portion of the proceeds from each Deep Blue Backpack supports the ocean-health non-profit Sustainable Surf, specifically their Waste to Waves program which gathers materials that can be recycled for functional designs. Because of variations in the recycled materials, each Deep Blue Backpack is unique. The Deep Blue Backpack is designed by Yves Béhar, a designer with work in MoMA’s collection.
Backpack features include:
- Upcycled ripstop spinnaker and kite sail material are used to construct the body of this super-lightweight bag
- Salvaged climbing ropes from Yosemite are used for the bag’s loops and handles
- Straps are made from recycled seatbelt webbing and padded for comfort
- Each bag saves more than ten square feet of material from ending up in a landfill
- 20-liter capacity
- The bag’s larger compartment is lined in waterproof material so you can store your wet beach items in it. A separate compartment is for items you want to keep dry.
- Concealed waterproof zipper
- After removing wet items, pull out the attached waterproof lining and hang the bag upside down to drain and dry
- A side pocket for your water bottle is lined with a recycled wetsuit sleeve that grips the bottle and prevents it from falling out when the bag is hung upside down. It accommodates a water bottle of virtually any size.
- Secret pocket for keys, wallet, passport, etc.
- Perfect for beach/surfing trips
Size18h x 13w x 5.5"d
MaterialsRecycled canvas, rope and rubber
Year of Design2017
OriginUnited States of America