From French skincare brand La Roche-Posay comes the My Skin Track UV. Designed for La Roche-Posay by Yves Béhar, a designer with work in MoMA’s collection, this .5” clip-on tracker utilizes sensors and near-field communication with your smartphone to monitor the wearer’s sun exposure and recommend safer behaviors. Just wear My Skin Track UV a few hours daily and download the accompanying free app to sync data about your personal, real-time exposure to UV, pollen, pollution, heat and humidity—key environmental aggressors that can affect the way your skin behaves and ages.
- La Roche-Posay My Skin Track UV has a light-emitting diode (LED) used as a detector to capture UV light.
- Based on your environmental exposure data, the app uses an intelligent algorithm backed by over 25 scientific publications to warn you when your exposure is at a level recognized to contribute to your specific skin concern.
- The app calibrates your recommended maximum daily allowance based on your skin tone and the UV index.
- The sensor is battery free—no charging necessary.
- Waterproof design can be worn while you swim.
- Compatible with iOS and Android devices.
MaterialsPlastic, stainless steel, PCBA
Year of Design2018