Biomega OKO LS 7-Speed E-Bike
Biomega e-bikes were conceived to compete directly with cars, but with zero emissions. This Biomega OKO LS (low-step frame) 7-Speed E-Bike has a custom-made and ultra-light carbon fiber frame, a material used extensively in the aerospace industry and in high-performance vehicles. This low-step frame, which is made to last forever, integrates both the battery, and the front and back mudguards.
OKO LS is designed by KiBiSi with stylish, sensible, urban riders in mind. KiBiSi is a Copenhagen based idea-driven industrial design firm founded by Kilo Design / Lars Holme Larsen, BIG / Bjarke Ingels and Skibsted Ideation / Jens Martin Skibsted. Founders works are represented in MoMA’s collection.
Features of the Biomega OKO LS 7-Speed E-Bike include:
- Low-step frame and relaxed seating.
- Front-wheel hub engine and battery in the center provide stability and even distribution of weight.
- Power assistance can be turned off when you want to use OKO as a 7-gear standard bike.
- Gate Carbon Belt drive which lasts five times longer than an ordinary bike chain and provides a smooth and silent ride.
- No grease or oil required, making the OKO practically maintenance-free.
- Maximum speed: 15.5 mph.
- Up to 52.8-mile range per full charge.
- 26" wheels with 2” wide tires with reflective strip – puncture resistant and easy comfort and grip
- Extended Warranty: 5-year warranty on frame/fork, 3 year electrical parts, 2 year on mechanical
Features of the OKO LS’s Power Unit include:
- 250W front-wheel hub.
- 3 levels of power assistance.
- 40 cells Lithium-ion battery pack.
- 36 volts.
- 374 watt-hour.
- Charges via the included standard power cord and wall outlet. Charging time: 5 hours
- Range of 25 to 52 miles per full charge, depending on power assistance level.
- Manual 7-Speed Shimano Gear.
- Shimano hydraulic disc brakes.
- Bike bell, reflectors and kickstand included
- Bike weight: 41.9 lbs
- Medium size is for riders between 5’4” to 5’11”, max weight 275 lbs.
DesignerKiBiSi Design Team
SizeMedium size is for riders between 5’4” to 5’11”
MaterialsCarbon Fiber Frame
Year of Design2016