Roattino Floor Lamp
An elegant dash of humor is expressed by the Roattino Floor Lamp’s S-shaped bent steel stand, which rests on a black-lacquered base. Designed in 1931 by Eileen Gray, the Roattino has a jaunty fabric shade that evokes a woman’s asymmetrical hat from the era of the lamp’s design. Gray’s work is represented in MoMA’s collection and her designs have been featured in ten exhibitions at the Museum, including a retrospective in 1980 and Designing Modern Women 1890–1980 in 2010.
Features of the Roattino Floor Lamp include:
- Provides illuminations for ambience or reading.
- A pivot enables various positions of the lampshade.
- Foot switch.
- Powered by standard plug-in with a 90"-long black cord.
- Stand is made from black steel; shade is white fabric with a plasticized interior.
- 59h x 29w x 8"d.
- 1 unit x 70W HSGS bulb, E27 required (not included).
Size59h x 29w x 8"d
MaterialsSteel, Plastic Reinforced Fabric
Year of Design1931