Biomega AMS LS 7-Speed E-Bike
Biomega e-bikes were conceived to compete directly with cars, but with zero emissions. This low-step electric bicycle mixes moped power and configuration of a city bike to make commuting easier. It features a removable battery and a custom-made aluminum frame. Biomega AMS LS 7-Speed E-bike is designed by Jens Martin Skibsted, a designer with work in MoMA’s collection.
Features of the Biomega AMS LS 7-Speed E-Bike include:
- Easily removable battery so you can use the bike while the battery is being charged at home, your workplace or elsewhere.
- Recognizable click sound ensures you that the battery has been reinstalled correctly.
- Low-step frame and relaxed seating.
- Low center of gravity allows for both easier entry and more comfortable cycling.
- Front-wheel hub engine that provides stability and even distribution of weight.
- Engine can be turned off when you want to use AMS as a standard bike.
- Gate Carbon Belt drive which lasts five times longer than an ordinary bike chain and provides a smooth and silent ride.
- No grease or oil required, making the AMS practically maintenance-free.
- Sturdy puncture-resistant tires.
- Maximum speed: 15.5 mph.
- Up to 52.8-mile range.
- Extended Warranty: 5-year warranty on frame/fork, 3 year electrical parts, 2 year on mechanical
Specifications of the AMS’s Power Unit and bike include:
- 250W front-wheel hub.
- 3 levels of power assistance.
- 40 cells Lithium-ion battery pack.
- 36 volts.
- 374 watt-hours
- Charges via the included standard power cord and wall outlet. Charging time: 5 hours.
- Range of 25 to 52 miles per full charge, depending on power assistance level.
- Manual 7-Speed Shimano Gear.
- Shimano hydraulic disc brakes.
- 28” wheel with reflective strip
- Mudguards, bike bell, reflectors and kickstand included.
- Bike weight: 50.7 lbs
- Medium size is for riders between 5’4” to 5’8”, max weight 275 lbs.
- Large size is for riders between 5’8” to 6’3”, max weight 275 lbs.
DesignerJens Martin Skibsted
SizeMedium size is for riders between 5’4” to 5’8”
Large size is for riders between 5’8” to 6’6”