MoMA Exclusive: Built to be the perfect sewing machine for hobbyists, from beginners to anyone who’s raising kids, the Axe Yamazaki was developed based on research conducted with over one hundred parents. Its compact profile—about the size of a standard glossy magazine—and minimalist features mean the Axe is simple to learn, easy to use and ideal for smaller spaces. Store it on your bookshelf, desk or end table and when you have a spare minute, simply pull off the needle cover, flip it over to create a handy stand for your smartphone, and start sewing.
Features of the Axe Yamazaki Home Sewing Machine include:
- Built by a revered Japanese manufacturer with over 70 years of experience producing sewing machines.
- Delivers 5 types of stitches in 12 patterns.
- Includes stick-on QR code that leads to videos assisting you with setup and instructions how to use the sewing machine.
- Compact size for easy storage.
- Measures 10.45h x 11.6w x 4.55"d.
Size10.45h x 11.6w x 4.55"d
MaterialABS, POM and PS Plastic, SPCC Metal, Aluminum Die Casting
Year of Design2019
You will earn Rewards points.
At MoMA Design Store, all of the designs we sell are curator-approved and authentic. We ensure the integrity of our products through research and by working closely with the designers. Our products embody the spirit of good design objects in MoMA's collection. Some of them are actual designs represented in the Museum's collection.