This toy-like Ettore Sottsass Corkscrew has been reissued to celebrate the 100th anniversary of Alessi, the producer of this corkscrew. To use, place the spiral in the centre of the cork, positioning the corkscrew over the neck of the bottle with the top handle at the top and the bottom handle at the bottom, close to the body of the corkscrew. Then, with one hand hold the bottle together with the body and with the other turn the top handle clockwise until the spiral is completely screwed into the cork. The top handle will now be next to the bottom knob. Remove the cork from the neck of the bottle by turning the bottom handle clockwise and to uncork the bottle. Remove the cork from the spiral by holding it firmly with one hand and turning the lower handle anticlockwise with the other.
Features of the Ettore Sottsass Corkscrew:
- Memphis design from 1993.
- Made in Italy.
- Produced using FSC-certified wood guaranteeing an eco-sustainable origin. The grains, knots and differences in the wood make each piece unique and distinct from the others.
- Colored with water-based and solvent-free paints that are sustainable for the environment and non-toxic.
- Ettore Sottsass, a founding member of the Memphis Design Group, and Alessi are both represented in MoMA’s collection.
- Measures 7.1h x 4w x 2.4"d.
- Wipe clean with damp cloth or sponge and dry immediately.
Size7.1h x 4w x 2.4"d
Year of Design1994
- This item is final sale and non-returnable.
$7.95 Flat standard shipping fee available. Learn More.
You will earn Rewards points.
At MoMA Design Store, all of the designs we sell are curator-approved and authentic. We ensure the integrity of our products through research and by working closely with the designers. Our products embody the spirit of good design objects in MoMA's collection. Some of them are actual designs represented in the Museum's collection.