Handcrafted to resemble a real food item, this design is made in Italy by a company that has been producing candles since 1840, with family secrets passed down for six generations. Made from natural paraffin wax, this unscented candle brings delicious visual delight to your home and is a fun addition to your table during dinner parties. The candle has a 100% cotton wick. Remove all paper before burning. Not intended for children. Because the candles are handmade, each will have unique variations, making it a one-of-a-kind object. Examples of faux food sculptures, such as Claes Oldenburg’s False Food Selection (c. 1966) are featured in MoMA’s collection.
Mushroom: 3–4 hours
Pear: 5–6 hours
Egg: 2–3 hours
- Before burning the candle, cut the wick up to no more than 0.5”h.
- If the candle makes smoke, snuff out the flame and cut the wick.
- Remove all wick residue.
- Burn the candle only on a heat-resistant surface or on an appropriate candle-hold.
- Keep away from flammable materials.
- Do not burn the candle for more than 4 consecutive hours.
- Always store the candle away from sunlight.
- Do not move the candle while it’s burning or when the wax is still liquified.
- Extinguish the candle with the appropriate extinguishing tool.
SizeEgg:2h x 5.5"diam.
Pear:5h x 3w x 2.5"d
Mushroom:5h x 2"diam.
Year of Design2001
You will earn Rewards points.
At MoMA Design Store, all of the designs we sell are curator-approved and authentic. We ensure the integrity of our products through research and by working closely with the designers. Our products embody the spirit of good design objects in MoMA's collection. Some of them are actual designs represented in the Museum's collection.