Charles and Ray Eames adapted molding techniques developed during World War II to produce their classic molded plastic shell chair's simple, gracious form, a design from 1950. The Herman MIller x HAY version of the Eames Molded Plastic Side Chair has been produced in 100% post-industrial recycled plastic. The subtle matte texture of the re-engineered plastic shell maintains the soft tactility of the original design. Herman Miller, HAY and Charles and Ray Eames are all represented in MoMA’s collection.
Features of the Herman Miller x HAY Eames Molded Recycled Plastic Side Chair include:
- Designed by HAY and Charles and Ray Eames.
- The classic shell silhouette is now offered in 6 new spirited colorways by Danish design house HAY, meant for endless interplay and combination
- Shell and powder-coated steel base are the same color for a tonal effect.
- Durable shell has a subtle matte texture.
- Made with 100% post-industrial recycled plastic.
- Unique waterfall seat edge helps reduce pressure on thighs.
- This is an authentic Herman Miller Eames Molded Plastic Chair , verified by an authenticity certificate included in every order.
- Manufactured in the USA by Herman Miller.
- Measures 31.5h x 17.72w x 20.87"d.
DesignerCharles and Ray Eames
Size31.5h x 17.7w x 20.9"d
MaterialRecycled Plastic, Powder Coated Steel
Year of Design1950
- Special shipping charge of $45.00
- Shipping Method: Front Door Delivery
- This item is final sale and non-returnable.
$7.95 Flat standard shipping fee available. Learn More.
You will earn Rewards points.
At MoMA Design Store, all of the designs we sell are curator-approved and authentic. We ensure the integrity of our products through research and by working closely with the designers. Our products embody the spirit of good design objects in MoMA's collection. Some of them are actual designs represented in the Museum's collection.