Produced to commemorate the 70th anniversary of Danish company Kay Bojesen, the Kay Bojesen Wooden Monkey Figure is a reissuing of the famous 1951 design, now crafted from various types of discarded wood. The woods’ different shades add even more character to this cute fellow, who is perfect for the kids’ room or as a decorative object.
Features of the Kay Bojesen Wooden Monkey Figure include:
- Moveable arms, legs and neck joints.
- Each monkey’s stomach, paws, mouth and eyebrows are all made from Limba wood like the original monkey, named “Abe”.
- Other woods used include a combination of ash, carbonized ash, beech, mahogany, maple, oak, teak and walnut. Since the variety and quantity of woods vary with each monkey, they are all unique.
- The monkey’s paw has a special 70-year anniversary stamp on its paw and comes in a wooden box to commemorate its limited edition.
- Sitting, the monkey measures 7.9”h.
MaterialMixed of Reworked Woods
Dark colors: Teak, Walnut, Carbonized ash or Mahogany.
Light colors: Ash, Beech, Oak or Maple.
You will earn Rewards points.
At MoMA Design Store, all of the designs we sell are curator-approved and authentic. We ensure the integrity of our products through research and by working closely with the designers. Our products embody the spirit of good design objects in MoMA's collection. Some of them are actual designs represented in the Museum's collection.