MoMA Exclusive: This limited edition version of Unimatic’s Modello Uno Diving Watch features faces in colors from MoMA’s color palette and the Museum’s tickets, chosen exclusively for our customers. The watch’s hands and geometric shapes (in place of numbers) are in contrast colors, also from the Museum’s palette. The MoMA logo appears on the face.
Features of the MoMA Unimatic Modello Uno Diving Watch:
- Limited edition of 66.
- Luminous/luminova indexes and hands.
- U1 case.
- Custom color palette.
- 3 different models (sold separately).
- Logo on watch dial, case back and custom packaging.
- Individually numbered.
- Automatic movement, SEIKO NH35A.
- Made in Italy.
- Brushed stainless steel 40mm case with 41.5mm bezel.
- 2.5mm thick double domed sapphire.
- Inner side anti-reflective coating.
- Super-LumiNova® dark blue.
- Off-white closed second rail and dial trims.
- MoMA azure ladder phantom H+M, reverse lollipop S.
- Automatic calibre Seiko NH35A.
- Self-winding/manual winding - 21,600bph.
- Hacking seconds hand.
- Accuracy +40/-20 s/day - 41h power reserve.
- Antimagnetic ≥ 4,800 A/m.
- Black TPU two-piece strap.
- Brushed stainless steel hardware signed Unimatic.
- UNIMATIC x MoMA screw-down caseback.
- Unimatic tough case, warranty card with unique ID seal.
- Black aluminum insert with raised lume dot.
- 120 clicks mono-directional safety bezel.
- Band measures 10.5l x 0.87”w.
DesignerSimone Nunziato and Giovanni Moro
SizeCase: 41.5mm diam x 12.9mm heightBand: 10.5l x 0.87"w
MaterialCase: Stainless SteelGlass: Double Domed Anti-Reflective Sapphire Crystal
Year of Design2023
You will earn Rewards points.
“I was keeping as a sacred relic the ticket from my first visit to the Museum,” says Unimatic co-founder Giovanni Moro. “When we got access to the MoMA branding manual, the universe unfolded its answer on how a MoMA Unimatic should look like.”
“Staying as far as possible from decorativism and arbitrary styling choices address our practice, and I think we humbly put together a recipe,” says Moro. “Taking the best from the past and blending it with modern design.”
“A diving watch is a tool, and its design must respect a number of constraints, from water resistance to instant readability,” explains Moro. “Our job was to find the best solutions and synthesizing them into an original Unimatic take.”
Unimatic was founded in Milan in 2015, as a “continuous watchmaking research lab,” by industrial designers Giovanni Moro and Simone Nunziato. Their mission is to offer watches that combine an essential design language developed from the tradition of industrial design with the best possible technical specifications. With crisp and clean design lines, Unimatic watches exude minimalism and simplicity.
At MoMA Design Store, all of the designs we sell are curator-approved and authentic. We ensure the integrity of our products through research and by working closely with the designers. Our products embody the spirit of good design objects in MoMA's collection. Some of them are actual designs represented in the Museum's collection.