MoMA Exclusive: The Neo Watch is a collaboration between two Scottish watch brands, Paulin (a company founded by three sisters) and anOrdain. The design combines Paulin’s bespoke typeface with anOrdain’s unique process. For this automatic mechanical watch, the procedure involves laser-cutting the anodised aluminum face and individually hand-dying it in Glasgow, a process never before used for watches. The dials are then pad-printed with Paulin’s typeface and finished by anOrdain craftspersons.
Features of the Paulin x anOrdain Neo Watch include:
- Bespoke typeface developed by Paulin.
- The Dial is laser-cut from aluminum, anodised and sent to anOrdain artist Helen Swan, who hand-dyes it in her Glasgow studio.
- This hand-dying process is unique and has never been used for watch dials before.
- The final stop involves the dial being sent to anOrdain’s Glasgow studio for pad-printing and finishing.
- Automatic mechanical watch.
- Case measures 38mm with a 9.72l x .70"w leather strap.
SizeCase: 38mm Leather Strap: 9.72l x .70"w
MaterialStainless Steel, anodized aluminum and leather
Year of Design2020
You will earn Rewards points.
At MoMA Design Store, all of the designs we sell are curator-approved and authentic. We ensure the integrity of our products through research and by working closely with the designers. Our products embody the spirit of good design objects in MoMA's collection. Some of them are actual designs represented in the Museum's collection.