MoMA Exclusive: Teach your child to associate art and play in their earliest years with the Polar Bear Children’s Rocker. Taking inspiration from a 1922 sculpture by François Pompon—who was an assistant to Auguste Rodin—this plywood polar bear has a beech wood seat for your little ones to enjoy hours of rocking.
Features of the Polar Bear Children’s Rocker include:
- Designed and made in France by Vilac, a venerated toy company founded in 1911 who had work in MoMA’s 2012 exhibition Century of the Child: Growing by Design, 1900–2000.
- Ages 18 months+.
- Made of plywood, with beech wood seat.
- Assembly required.
- Assembled, measures 16.6h x 29.6w x 11"d.
SizeAssembled: 16.55h x 29.55w x 11"d
WarningChoking Hazard — Item contains small parts. Not for children under 3.
- Special shipping charge of $15.00
- This item cannot be shipped outside of the contiguous U.S.
- This item is final sale and non-returnable.
$7.95 Flat standard shipping fee available. Learn More.
At MoMA Design Store, all of the designs we sell are curator-approved and authentic. We ensure the integrity of our products through research and by working closely with the designers. Our products embody the spirit of good design objects in MoMA's collection. Some of them are actual designs represented in the Museum's collection.