An elegant dash of humor is expressed by the Roattino Floor Lamp’s S-shaped bent steel stand, which rests on a black-lacquered base. Designed in 1931 by Eileen Gray, the Roattino has a jaunty fabric shade that evokes a woman’s asymmetrical hat from the era of the lamp’s design. Gray’s work is represented in MoMA’s collection and her designs have been featured in ten exhibitions at the Museum, including a retrospective in 1980 and Designing Modern Women 1890–1980 in 2010.
Features of the Roattino Floor Lamp include:
- Provides illuminations for ambience or reading.
- A pivot enables various positions of the lampshade.
- Foot switch.
- Powered by standard plug-in with a 90"-long black cord.
- Stand is made from black steel; shade is white fabric with a plasticized interior.
- 59h x 29w x 8"d.
- 1 unit x 70W HSGS bulb, E27 required (not included).
Size59h x 29w x 8"d
MaterialSteel, Plastic Reinforced Fabric
Year of Design1931
- Special shipping charge of $65.00
- This item cannot be shipped outside of the contiguous U.S.
- If for any reason you are not satisfied with your purchase, you may return merchandise within 90 days for a refund in the form of original payment. Learn More.
$7.95 Flat standard shipping fee available. Learn More.
You will earn Rewards points.
At MoMA Design Store, all of the designs we sell are curator-approved and authentic. We ensure the integrity of our products through research and by working closely with the designers. Our products embody the spirit of good design objects in MoMA's collection. Some of them are actual designs represented in the Museum's collection.