Create infectious tracks in seconds flat with the T-8 Beat Machine, a miniature rhythm factory loaded with legendary Roland TR drums plus bass from the inimitable TB-303, used on 90s hits like Daft Punk’s “Da Funk.” Craft on-the-fly rhythms with the intuitive 16-step sequencer, shape sounds with onboard controls, and flip and dice beats with hands-on tools that stimulate ideas and put the fun back into your flow.
The T-8 is part of an all-new series of ultra-portable, rechargeable instruments with free-flowing features for creative exploration and authentic Roland sounds that bring serious musical power to everyone from hobbyists and gadget collectors to tech-savvy pros. Jam, perform, and develop ideas on the go with friendly controls, inspiring sounds, and loads of intuitive music tools. Users can realize complete compositions with a single unit or expand their possibilities by connecting and synchronizing with other AIRA Compact models. From one master unit, multiple AIRA Compacts can be mixed and monitored with headphones or an external speaker system. It’s also possible to interface with computer DAWS, mobile music apps, and hardware instruments via USB-C or MIDI.
Features of the Roland Aira Compact T-8 Beat Machine include:
- Ultra-portable rhythm and bass machine with genuine Roland sounds.
- Six rhythm tracks with sounds from the influential TR-808, TR-909, and TR-606 drum machines.
- Bass track with sawtooth/square waveforms and hands-on controls derived from the TB-303 Bass Line.
- Analog Circuit Behavior (ACB) technology faithfully recreates the tonality and behavior of vintage Roland instruments.
- Classic TR-REC drum sequencer with 64 user patterns and up to 32 steps each.
- Advanced rhythm programming with probability, sub step, last step, and velocity.
- Real-time recording and powerful performance features like step loop, mute, fill, reload, and pattern shift.
- Color and process sounds with delay, reverb, overdrive, and sidechain compression.
- Comprehensive connectivity with audio, MIDI, and sync I/O plus AIRA Link.
- Class-compliant USB-C audio/MIDI interface—no drivers needed.
- Lithium-ion battery with up to 4.5 hours of operation per 3-hour charge.
- Sturdy construction and high-quality rubber pads.
- Connect to other AIRA Compacts and standard MIDI devices with optional BOSS TRS MIDI cables.
- Includes a USB-C to USB-A cable.
- Sync (in, out) jacks: Miniature phone type.
- Mix Sync (in, out) / phones jacks: Stereo miniature phone type.
- MIDI (in, out) jacks: Stereo miniature phone type.
- Measures 1.7h x 7.45w x 1.25"dh.
Size1.7h x 7.45w x 1.25"d
MaterialPlastic, Rubber, Electronics
Year of Design2022
You will earn Rewards points.
At MoMA Design Store, all of the designs we sell are curator-approved and authentic. We ensure the integrity of our products through research and by working closely with the designers. Our products embody the spirit of good design objects in MoMA's collection. Some of them are actual designs represented in the Museum's collection.