The work was published in a limited art edition in 1984 that has since long sold out, making Dalí the first renowned painter to create a completely new set of cards. Drawing on Western masterpieces from antiquity to modernity (including some of his own), Dalí seamlessly combined his knowledge of the arcane with his unmistakable wit. The result is a surreal kaleidoscope of European art history.
TASCHEN resurrects all 78 cards in a fresh celebration of Dalí’s inimitable custom set, complete with a book by renowned German tarot author Johannes Fiebig.
- A lavishly illustrated book in English, French and German.
- Deck of 78 Dalí-designed tarot cards.
- An introduction to Dalí’s life and the project’s making-of.
- A comprehensive explanation of each card’s composition, its meaning, and practical advice.
- Step-by-step instructions on how to perform readings.
- A jargon-free approach simplifying tarot for the newcomer.
- Comes in a lavish, collectors item box that keeps everything together neatly.
Johannes Fiebig, born in Cologne in 1953, is one of the most successful authors on Tarot and a leading expert of the psychological interpretation of symbols and oracles. His main field of interest focuses on the use of Tarot and other symbolic languages as humanistic, psychological tools.
You will earn Rewards points.
At MoMA Design Store, all of the designs we sell are curator-approved and authentic. We ensure the integrity of our products through research and by working closely with the designers. Our products embody the spirit of good design objects in MoMA's collection. Some of them are actual designs represented in the Museum's collection.