A marriage of minimalist beauty and sustainability, the thin, lightweight Solios Watch uses innovative solar power. The watch has one battery that lasts a lifetime and is charged as you wear it—the Solios draws energy from both natural and artificial light through a solar panel underneath the face. Promoting the possibilities of renewable energy, the Solios helps eliminate overconsumption and the toxic production and disposal of 20+ batteries during its lifecycle. (Conventional watches have batteries that typically need to be changed every two years.)
Features of the Solios Solar-Powered Watch include:
- Power reserve of 6 months after only 2 hours of charging.
- Solar-powered battery charges via natural or artificial light.
- Index lines & hands are in a high-polish silver.
- The index lines and hands are also reflective and can take on the appearance of other colors.
- Battery never needs to be changed.
- Metal mesh band that’s easily interchangeable.
- 3 ATM water resistance.
- Sapphire-coated hardened mineral glass.
- Case and strap made of certified recycled stainless steel.
SizeMini Watch:Case: 1.14"diam. Band: 8.35l x 0.45"w40mm Watch:Case: 1.57"diam. Band: 8.98l x 0.75"w
MaterialSapphire Coated Hardened Mineral Glass, Recycled Stainless Steel
Year of Design2019
You will earn Rewards points.
At MoMA Design Store, all of the designs we sell are curator-approved and authentic. We ensure the integrity of our products through research and by working closely with the designers. Our products embody the spirit of good design objects in MoMA's collection. Some of them are actual designs represented in the Museum's collection.