TX–6 is Teenage Engineering’s ultra-portable, battery-powered mixer and multi-channel audio interface. Comparable to larger units, but with even more tech packed into one sturdy little machine.Mix 6 stereo input channels, use tempo sync, discover the internal synthesizer and sequencer or use the built-in tuner. MFi compatibility even lets you connect to your iOS devices. The smallest of its kind, TX–6 features a 6 channel stereo mixer with a configurable knob layout. Choose to have the three-band EQ equalizer at your fingertips, or customize each knob to control whichever setting you prefer. With more than meets the eye, this mixer is packed full of features and connectivity options.
Full features of the Teenage Engineering Portable Mixer TX-6 include:
- Battery powered: The rechargeable battery supplies power for about 8 hours. For energy efficiency, the display automatically goes to sleep when not in use, and LED strength is completely adjustable.
- Synthesizer & sequencer: TX–6 also functions as a portable synthesizer and sequencer with 4 oscillator waveforms and 4 synthesized drum sounds. Use tempo sync to stay on the beat.
- 8 built-in effects: Explore send effects like reverb, chorus and delay, and creative effects like freeze, tape, filter, and distortion. Each channel has a three-band EQ and adjustable compressor.
- Quality and engineering: TX–6 is encased in CNC aluminum with 2k molding, custom-made encoders and faders, and custom PCB (Printed Circuit Board). Wireless connectivity: With BLE, you can use TX–6 as a wireless controller for other BLE midi devices or trigger and sync the internal synth and sequencer from other sources.
- Super slimline cables: The high quality, slimline cables are custom-made for TX–6. Their narrow profile allows you to use all 6 channels at once and makes for an easy pack down.
- Customizable interface: When you're ready for the studio, use TX–6 as a 12-channel audio interface and connect to any DAW over USB-C. MFi also allows you to connect to iOS devices.
- DJ mode: Turn TX–6 on its side and use it as a DJ mixer. Turn channel 1 into a fader to crossfade between channels 5 and 6 so you can fade or cut between the two.
- 6.35 + 3.5 mm output: Connect your audio output through a 3.5 mm mini jack or use the included and removable 6.35 mm jack to 3.5 mm mini jack adapter.
- Field bags: Designed to fit the TX–6 field mixer and constructed in heavy duty fabric and hardware, field bags are designed for durability, ready to be used out in the field.
Size1.20h x 7.1w x 7.1"d
At MoMA Design Store, all of the designs we sell are curator-approved and authentic. We ensure the integrity of our products through research and by working closely with the designers. Our products embody the spirit of good design objects in MoMA's collection. Some of them are actual designs represented in the Museum's collection.