A machine for anyone who has ever heard the perfect sentence, riff or idea in the wild and wished they had a quality recording of it later, the tiny TP–7 is built to record sound, music, interviews and important ideas with zero friction in the highest possible quality. TP–7 fits perfectly in the palm of your hand and lets your fingers naturally adopt the controls. Your index finger triggers fast forward and the middle finger rewinds, while your thumb records a memo and the pinky selects the mode.A genuinely rewarding person-machine experience, the centerpiece of the TP–7 is the motorized tape reel: a delicately engineered brushed motor with ball bearings, used for scrubbing, to pause, for menu navigation and as gentle visual feedback during playback and recording. The side-mounted rocker allows you to quickly scrub through your audio: just press on the top edge to fast forward, and down to rewind. If you've ever experienced the process of transcribing recorded speech to text by hand, you'll be thrilled by the TP-7’s ability to streamline the process of turning audio into text. Simply connect your phone to TP–7 via BLE or USB, open the TP–7 app and press transcribe to get the job done.
Features of the Teenage Engineering TP-7 Field Tape Recorder include:
- Three stereo two-way jacks to be used as either inputs or outputs, for connecting external mics, headphones, studio monitors, or any other audio equipment like OP–1 field or TX–6, recording with all 6 stereo channels.
- 24-bit/96 kHz USB-C audio connection for multi-channel audio interface, midi, data transfer and charging.
- BLE and MFi for wireless connectivity.
- Internal microphone and speaker.
- 6.35 mm to 3.5 mm jack adapter.
- 128 GB of internal storage, capable of preserving 5 minutes of audio a day for 20 years.
- Compatible with iOS, macOS, and Windows as well as all products in the Field system.
- 7-hour battery life.
- 64x32 pixel monochrome display.
- Mini-XLR to XLR fabric cable included.
- Measures 3.8l x 2.7w x .7”h.
Size3.75h x 2.7w x 0.6"d
Year of Design2023
- This item is final sale and non-returnable.
$7.95 Flat standard shipping fee available. Learn More.
You will earn Rewards points.
At MoMA Design Store, all of the designs we sell are curator-approved and authentic. We ensure the integrity of our products through research and by working closely with the designers. Our products embody the spirit of good design objects in MoMA's collection. Some of them are actual designs represented in the Museum's collection.