Bang & Olufsen Beosound Edge Speaker
Magical interaction inspires your imagination: Both all-in-one wireless speaker and minimalist design object, the Beosound Edge Speaker provides a 360-degree listening experience that inspires the imagination. With a round shape that invites the user to interact, the speaker is calibrated by a built-in gyroscope and accelerometer to read the force of your touch, automatically adjusting the volume as you roll the speaker back and forth, even when it is placed on the gravity-defying wall mount, sold separately and available soon. A gentle movement changes the volume moderately. A stronger touch and the change is more dramatic. There are also touch controls at the top of the speaker to change tracks—or control the speaker remote by downloading a free app on your mobile device. Cover of speaker is silver aluminum and the body is black. Both the speaker’s designer, Michael Anastassiades, and Bang & Olufsen are represented in MoMA’s collection.
Full features of the Bang & Olufsen Beosound Edge Speaker include:
- Accuracy at all volumes: the innovative Active Bass Port design ensures the output remains constantly fine-tuned no matter the volume level.
- Multiroom speakers that can connect to other speakers.
- Intelligent interface: The Edge comes to life as you approach it, lighting up its interface when cued by proximity sensors. You can start, stop and skip tracks with a simple tap on the touch sensitive aluminum surface.
- Directional sound: Beosound Edge delivers three directional sound settings. Playing through either side of the speaker will let you direct the sound for a more intimate listening experience, while selecting the True360 omnidirectional mode will fill the entire room with sound.
- Features six class D amplifiers under the hood.
- Three-year warranty.
Size19.8"diam. x 5"d
MaterialsAnodised aluminium, plastic, casted metal
Year of Design2018